EASY VEGAN LENTIL CHILI
As I continue to share my wellness love with you all, I feel like it only makes sense to keep sharing some of my favorite recipe go-to's. When it comes to recipe writing, I'm trying to keep it all simple & to the point -- just the way I like it myself. But definitely feel free to just chime in if you have any questions or if I missed something!
First up, since the cold weather is here to stay for just a bit longer, I thought I'd start by sharing a super delicious Instant Pot EASY VEGAN LENTIL CHILI. It's literally CHOCK-FULL of so much goodness for the mind & body, as well as a ton of plant-based protein.
VEGAN LENTIL CHILI
- 1 large onion chopped small (or just buy it pre-chopped for added ease)
- 2 cups organic veggie broth
- 3-4 cubes garlic (as pictured below) or 3-4 chopped up garlic cloves
- 1 cup celery chopped small
- 1 cup carrots chopped small
- 1 cup dried lentils (I have found that red or green lentils work best)
- 25oz canned organic garbanzo beans
- 15oz canned organic black beans
- 15oz canned organic kidney beans
- 25oz organic portobello mushroom pasta sauce
- 7oz jar organic tomato paste
- 1/2 cup crushed up raw organic walnuts (you can literally just crumble them in your hands & into the sautee pan)
- 1.5 cups filtered water
Organic spices (I just give a couple generous dashes of each) :
- Garlic powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili powder
- Celtic or Himalayan Salt
ADDITIONAL TOPPING IDEAS:
- sliced Avocado
- Green Onions
- chopped Tomatoes
- chopped Red Onions
- Mustard (trust me, try it!!)
- Nutritional Yeast
- fresh Cilantro
- crushed Tortilla Chips
- Red Hot Sauce!
- Organic Shredded Cheese (for the kiddos)
- the list can go on & on
*when it comes to the beans, I really like the texture that that garbanzo beans give so I put more of them in, but you can definitely do more black beans instead if you prefer them
*Serves a family of 4-6 with plenty of leftovers
1.Pour the veggie broth into the Instant Pot and add in chopped up onion & garlic cubes -- saute for a couple minutes on the 'saute' option on the Instant Pot.
2. Add in the chopped up celery & carrots and saute for another few minutes.
3. Next add rinsed dry lentils & all beans to the mix.
4. Follow with adding the pasta sauce, tomato paste & all the spices.
5. Add crushed walnuts (I literally just crush them in my hands over the pot).
6. End with adding 1.5 cups of filtered water & give everything a nice big stir.
7. Seal the lid & set the pressure cook to 8 minutes (Manual/Pressure Cook setting at High Pressure).
8. When done, let the pressure release naturally. Serve warm with toppings of your choice & enjoy!
PS. You can add more salt/spices to your taste if need be afterwards, as well. I personally really love to add more of the Cilantro spice if I don't have any fresh on hand.
Hope this helps friends! Let me know if you give it a try.Stuff I love Signup for the Newsletter Visit the Store
Back to all posts